A former Dean of School of Business and Technology of Lakeside University College IN THE United States of America, Dr. Justice Salifu, has declared his intention to contest the upcoming internal election AS Chairman of NDC USA.
In an interview with the ‘Daily Post’ yesterday, Dr. Salifu, who is currently the President of Monroe Institute of Technology in the USA said his sole aim for wanting to ascend to the position is driven by his experiences in leadership through rallying people from all walks of life to achieve goals and his unconditional love to see the NDC win at all times. This, he said, is the motivation behind his passion to contest and make a positive impact in the lives of NDC members in the USA and the party as a whole.
While confirming he will be a candidate for the Chairmanship of the USA Chapter of the NDC when nominations are open, the member of New York’s branch promised to make the NDC a party to reckon with.
“I will put the NDC USA on the map through proactive leadership. The NPP will not stand a dog chance in the USA and diaspora under my leadership” he asserted.
Dr. Salifu disclosed that his involvement in NDC’s politics and activism spans over two decades. He listed his functionary activities as following:
- Member of NDC in Yendi Constituency in 1993
- Member, NDC Legon branch in 1994, which metamorphosed into TEIN in 1995
*Revival and Registration of the New Jersey Chapter of the NDC in 2003 with Hon. Alhassan Umar, MP for Zabzugu under the leadership of Ebby Koney,Esq, the then Chairman of North American Coordinating Council of the NDC.
- Secretary of the re-organized New Jersey Chapter of the NDC in 2003 with Hon. Umar as Chairman after the election organized by NACC’s Electoral Commissioner, Prof. Ago Quaye.
- As Secretary of New Jersey Chapter of the NDC worked hard and collaboratively with NACC to support the election efforts of Mills-Mahama in 2008.
- As Secretary New Jersey Chapter sponsored bill boards of Mills-Mahama in the Northern Region and supported parliamentary candidates logistically and financially. Also hosted number of NACC’s meetings and conferences
- Member, Get Eastern Corridor NDC Parliamentary candidates Elected Network formed in Madina, Accra in 2014
- Member, NDC Intellectuals of UPSA in 2015.
- Member, NDC New York branch in 2018.
- Member of NDC New York branch’s communications and crisis management team.
He told the ‘Daily Post’ people he served with in NDC in the US such as Hon. Ebby Koney Esq, Cobby Boahane, Osborne Sam, Zak Adama, Hon. Alhassan Umar, Mustapha Ahmed, Ato Essel, Comfort Laryea, Simon Addo among others are still around and will bear testimony about his long period of activism in and for the NDC and his unquestionable credentials as far as working for the NDC through thin and thick, in government or opposition, is concerned.
Source : Daily Post