Manasseh Azure Writes: THIS IS EVEN MORE SCANDALOUS!
1. The MP for North Tongu, Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa, has engaged a private company to fumigate and disinfect the areas in the North Tongu District that have been affected by the Akosombo Dam spillage. The company is doing it free of charge.
2. The VRA spilled the dam, resulting in flooding that has left thousands of people without basic amenities such as blankets, mattresses, and even food. The VRA has awarded a contract to Zoomlion to fumigate the same North Tongu District.
3. The North Tongue district has an existing fumigation contract with Zoomlion. This contract, like those that cover every assembly in Ghana, was signed in 2009. Payment for the assemblies’ fumigation contracts is deducted from the Common Fund Secretariat and given to Zoomlion even if the work is not done or not done satisfactorily.
The critical questions every Ghanaian should ask are:
1. Why did the VRA award a contract to Zoomlion to undertake fumigation in the same district Zoomlion already has a contract to do fumigation?
2. And where is Zoomlion fumigating when the MP has said his initiative is fumigating ALL the affected areas in the district?
PLEASE, share this widely on social media and on WhatsApp. Let’s put the spotlight on a potentially fraudulent deal. The VRA must use the money to help the victims of the spillage and not channel it into another potentially fraudulent activity.
(Check the photos.)