As part of effort to ensure unity after the presidential candidate primaries to help break the “8”, the National Executives together with the Election Committee of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) have listed six thematic peace accords memorandum of understanding for the Presidential Candidate Aspirants.
The aspirants are among other things to ensure the respect the party unity of purpose peace document and give out their best to the wining candidate.
The four aspirants have all signed to accept the results, don’t resign from the party and offer support to the winning candidate irrespective of the out come the elections.
“We commit ourselves to accept the results of November 4, 2023,
Presidential Primary election of the NPP, and we will respect the outcome irrespective of the result,” portion of Peace accord document reads.
The presidential candidate primaries is set for Saturday, November 4,2023.
The four aspirants includes Ken Agyapong, Dr Mahammudu Bawumia, Dr Owusu Afriyie Akoto and Francis Addai-Nimo.
The four were selected at the super delegates elections in July this year, after 10 persons filed for the contest.
Below is the Peace and Unity Document
*MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING*
This Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) is entered into on this
day of 2023, by and among the undersigned presidential aspirants of the New Patriotic Party (“NPP”) for the November 4, 2023, Presidential Primary election.
WHEREAS, we, the undersigned aspirants, are committed to the principles of democracy, unity, and peace within the NPP.
WHEREAS, we recognize the importance of conducting a peaceful, free and fair primary election to select the NPP’s presidential candidate for the 2024 elections.
WHEREAS, we are committed to maintaining the cohesion of the NPP and ensuring its success in the 2024 elections and securing a working majority in the next Parliament of the Republic of Ghana.
NOW, THEREFORE, we, the undersigned aspirants, hereby agree to the following terms:
1. Acceptance of Primary Election Results:
We commit ourselves to accept the results of November 4, 2023,
Presidential Primary election of the NPP, and we will respect the outcome irrespective of the result.
2. Promotion of Peace and Cohesion: We pledge to work together to maintain peace and cohesion within the NPP during and after the primary election. We will refrain from engaging in any actions or rhetoric that may disrupt party unity.
3. “No Resignation from the Party”: We undertake not to leave or resign from the NPP, regardless of the outcome of the primary election. We shall remain active and dedicated members of the party.
4. Support for the Winner: We commit ourselves to diligently and conscientiously work to support the winner of the NPP presidential ticket, both during the 2024 elections and in securing a sweeping and/or working majority in the next Parliament of the Republic of Ghana.
This support will be aimed at achieving the overall success of the NPP.
5. Enforcement Mechanisms: Any disputes or violations of this MOU will be subject to resolution within
NPP’s established internal dispute resolution mechanisms, in accordance with the party’s constitution and by-laws.
6. Timeline and Duration:
This MOU shall be in effect from the date of signing until and after the announcement of the NPP’s presidential candidate for the 2024 election.