Three new Justices have been appointed by President Akufo-Addo onto the Supreme Court of Ghana’s.
The appointment was done in accordance with Article 144 of the 1992 constitution.
The three nominee were already judges at the Court of Appeal.
They includes Justice Henry Anthony Kwofie, Justice of Aappeal, Justice Yaw Asare Darko, justice of Appeal and Justice Richard Agyei Frimpong justice of Appeal.
Their appointments are considered as promotions have been alleviated.
The trio will be replacing three other Justice of the Supreme Court who have gone on retirement .
A communication from the Presidency to parliament was read to the Members by the First Deputy Speaker, Ho. Joseph Osei-Owusu.
The President said the latest appointment was in fulfilment of the constitution.
The nominee Curriculum Vitae and other relevant documents have been subsequently referred to the Appointment Committee of Parliament for consideration and report.
There are currently 12 justices at the Supreme Court as follows;
1. Her Ladyship Justice Gertrude Araba Esaaba Sackey Torkornoo – Chief Justice
2. His Lordship Justice Paul Baffoe Bonnie
3. His Lordship Justice Gabriel Pwamang
4. Her Ladyship Justice Mariama Owusu
5. Her Ladyship Justice Avril Lovelace Johnson
6. His Lordship Justice Issifu Omoro Tanko Amadu
7. Her Ladyship Justice Prof. Henrietta Joy Abena Nyarko Mensa-Bonsu
8. His Lordship Justice Emmanuel Yonny Kulendi
9. Her Ladyship Justice Barbara F. Ackah Yensu
10. His Lordship Justice Samuel Kwame Adibu-Asiedu
11. His Lordship Justice George Kingsley Koomson
12. His Lordship Justice Ernest Yao Gaewu.